Potty and Toilet Training for Young Children
The following are a few of the signs we see when your child may be ready to potty train:
- Shows an interest in the toilet
- Can recognize when their diaper is wet or soiled.
- Stays dry for a long period of time
- Can undress and pull up his/her own pants
- Wants to be independent
- Can use consistent words or gestures to communicate.
- Can try to wipe themselves.
Once your child stays dry for several hours and uses the toilet on their request, it’s time to start!
Our child friendly restrooms are specifically designed for your children 18 months to 6 years. Toilets and sinks are child sized and height. Why is that important:
- Feet rest comfortably on the floor. This makes sitting and standing up easy.
- Smaller bowl help alleviate the fear of falling into the toilet.
- Toilet paper is within hand reach and can be quickly accessed while sitting down.
- Sinks are lower to help messy spills and easy access to the faucet and soap.
- Bathrooms are kept clean and in good working condition.
- Each bathroom has only one toilet to give your child privacy but still allowing teachers to monitor and assist.